Welcome to the
Naturopaths & Herbalists Association of Australia
We are dedicated to promoting and protecting the practice of Naturopathy and Western Herbal Medicine and the highest professional and ethical standards.
Our members have access to a wealth of traditional knowledge and experience and the latest research on safe, effective, evidence-based treatments.
As Australia’s oldest complementary medicine association, we have been supporting our members through advocacy, community and education since 1920.
The NHAA offers ongoing professional development and support, through chapter meetings, on-and-offline learning, our International Conference, Herbal Medicine Week and client referrals.
Education is at the core of what we do. All NHAA members gain access to the Australian Journal of Herbal and Naturopathic Medicine (AJHNM) as well as opportunities to support groundbreaking research into Western Herbal and Naturopathic treatments.
As a member, you can also access advice on how to develop your practice, as well as enjoying member benefits and discounts.
What We Stand For
We believe everyone should have the ability to access safe, effective Naturopathic and Herbal treatments as part of a holistic health care system.
- We advocate for a national registration scheme for Naturopaths and Herbalists to uphold standards and safety.
- We support a full 3-to-4-year Bachelor Degree qualification for practitioners.
- We are proudly a full member of the World Naturopathic Federation, the peak body for our profession globally.
- We work collaboratively with other organisations such as the Australian Naturopathic Council (ANC) and OneCAM to advance our profession and its benefits globally.
- As a founding member of the ANC we are working with other Australian members of the WNF to bring about Statutory Registration for the Professions as well as advocate for the professions with regards to reinstating Private Health Insurance Rebates and Education.
- The NHAA is also a founding member of OneCAM,where the NHAA works with industry and other natural medicine associations to present a united voice on issues relating to the natural medicine sector.
Find a Practitioner
A Naturopath or Herbalist can help you manage chronic conditions, stress, fertility and many other health issues in a holistic way.
Our members blend the traditional knowledge of botanical medicines with the latest understandings of nutrition, physiology and mental wellbeing.
When you book an appointment with an NHAA member practitioner, you can be confident that they are fully qualified and insured.