We are looking for a freelance creative, outgoing, and socially connected Content Creator who is also a Naturopath or Herbalist.
Flexible work hours, part time, working from home.
Who we are:
Founded in 1920, NHAA is Australia’s oldest professional association of complementary therapists. Representing naturopaths & Western herbalists, NHAA is the only national professional association specifically concerned with the practice and education of Western herbal medicine (WHM) in Australia.
Reporting to the Board and CEO, the Content Creator will drive social engagement by creating and delivering written content. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain significant experience in the activities of a membership organisation. The role is suited to an experienced content writer who is also a Naturopath/Herbalist and who would like to work in a diverse and interesting sector and flexible working arrangements.
Your role will consist of driving social engagement, increasing awareness, educating the public and engaging with our members. You will also be responsible for helping to drive our grass roots social strategy by connecting with the naturopathic and herbal medicine profession and industry to help growing our community.
- Creating engaging written content for a variety of outputs
- Working with Marketing team to priorities and write content
- Understand a wide range of audiences and develop, source & create content to suit those audiences
- Be competent at writing both short and long form copy
- Ensuring all content produced is in alignment with NHAA values and identity
- Assist in the review, transition and rebranding existing content
Your talents should include:
- Excellent written communication
- Prior social media, sales or marketing experience an advantage
- Being a creative lead in determining content topics
- A proven history in writing blog posts / articles
- A high-level understanding of academic text and journals
- Competence in writing Email content – including copywriting for monthly newsletter
- A passion for naturopathy and western herbal medicine, as well as a full knowledge and understanding of the profession
- Self-motivation and a flair for taking initiative
- An ability to connect with people from all walks of life and adept at building communities
- Excellent Verbal communication skills
- A desire to help shape & define the NHAA identity
If you are interested, please send a resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you