Dear NSW Members,
Last saturday, the NSW Premier announced tighter restrictions for residents of Greater Sydney (including the Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shellharbour), in an effort to limit the spread of active COVID cases. The details of the Premier’s announcement can be found here.
Some important points to be aware of:
- For our practitioner members, if you have not done so already, it is imperative that you move all clinical appointments from face-to-face to online or telehealth consultations, until at least 30th July.
- As of 11.59pm tonight, Saturday 17th July, retail premises will be required to close, with the exceptions as listed on NSW Health website
- Face masks are now required at all times, outside of your home.
- If you live in any of the Fairfield, Canterbury-Bankstown or Liverpool local government areas (LGA), please be aware that the current directive states that you should not leave your LGA for work, except emergency services or healthcare workers (as far as the NHAA understands, this does not include naturopaths or herbal medicine practitioners). For those in the Fairfield, Liverpool and Canterbury-Bankstown LGAs, here’s who the “authorised worker” exemption applies to.
- From 12.01am on Wed 21st July, if you have employees, you must allow them to work from home if they are able to do so – failure to do may results in a fine of up to $10,000.
More details and the latest updates from NSW Health can be found here. We encourage you to contact NSW Health directly with questions related to your specific situation.
Also reminding you that there are various support packages available (personal and professional) to help during these stressful times. You can find out more details about it here.
The NHAA will continue to monitor the situation and will update members on any significant developments.