Nutrition Care SIBO Series
Type of event: Webinar series
Date: Tuesday 22 November at 11am AEDT
Duration: 0ne hour
Organiser: Nutrition Care
Event overview: SIBO series takes a deep dive into what SIBO is, contributing factors, co-existing conditions, testing, treatment as well as discussing in-depth, real-life cases. SIBO series will be delivered by gut health naturopath and mentor, Karly Raven. Improve your confidence with SIBO, register today.
Karly is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist, mentor, speaker and writer who resolves people’s complex gut health issues such as IBS, SIBO and food intolerances. She identifies the underlying causes of her patient’s gut health issues and guides them through a step-by-step system for reducing their symptoms. Through addressing people’s IBS and SIBO, she has noticed amazing changes to her client’s overall wellbeing including increased energy, clear skin, weight changes and less anxiety.
NIIM 7th Annual Symposium “Advances in Integrative Medicine and Healthcare”
Type of Event : Live Event
Date : 25-26th November 2022
Time : 9:00 am
Location : Amora Hotel Riverwalk, Richmond, Melbourne VIC
Join NIIM to engage with and learn from highly qualified International and Australian speakers…
After a hiatus of 2 years due to COVID restrictions, NIIM will be hosting our 7th annual symposium at the Amora Hotel Riverwalk, Richmond, Melbourne.
NIIM will work in collaboration with other organisations, educational institutions, universities and research partners for this educational and highly informative event, an integral part of the training calendar for all clinicians.
KEY THEMES of the 2022 NIIM Symposium
- Chronic disease management & supportive care
- Pandemics: Learnings & future strategy
- Cognition, Memory & Gut-Brain Axis
- Women’s Health
- Immune Dysfunction
- Mental Health
Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis in Clinical Practice
Type of Event : Face to face seminar
Date : Sunday 20th November
End Date: As above
Time : 8:30am – 5:30 pm
Duration : 7.5 hours on face to face teaching time
Cost : $195 NZ$
Presenter(s) : Prof Marc Cohen, Ian Tracton, Susan Szczensy, Ann Wine
Organiser : InterClinical Laboratories
Short intro: Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis in Clinical Practice
Key Learning outcomes:
Immerse yourself in Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis`(HTMA) for a greater understanding of bio-individual therapy & improve clinical outcomes.
Learn how to:
– Evaluate essential mineral levels
– Assess metabolic stress and energy
– Quantify toxic loads and burdens
– Naturally chelate and detoxify
Re-establish body mineral balance
After this seminar, you will have a deeper understanding of environmental effects and contaminant causes on:
1. Stress levels
2. Gut microbiota
3. Thyroid & endocrine function
6. Mental Health
8. Cognitive function (Children & Adults)
9. Barriers to health
Fast Track your HTMA practitioner Accreditation!
7.5 hours for CPE Points.
FREE WEBINAR – Therapeutic dosing for best clinical outcomes
Date : 2nd November 2022
Time : 7.00pm AEDT
Duration : 90 minutes (60 minute webinar + 30 minutes Q&A)
Cost : FREE
Presenter(s) : Daniel Baden and Garth Harris
Organiser : BioMedica
As natural health professionals, we have immense opportunity to support and influence patients physical and mental health especially during times of increased health and economic uncertainty.
Join BioMedica co-founders Daniel Baden and Garth Harris as they reflect on the critical factors needed to develop confidence in prescribing in order to improve outcomes and efficiency in your clinical practice.
Daniel and Garth will present LIVE for a truly interactive event, answering your questions during the broadcast.
Key Learning outcomes: (bullet points)
- Dosing ‘101’ and why dose matters
- Increase confidence in your prescription through the case taking process
- Common dosing errors and how to replace a “shotgun” dosing approach with effective and targeted dosing strategies
- Dosage recommendations and guidelines for various clinical situations
- Understand the benefits gained through adequate and appropriate dosing
- How to assess for safety, contraindications and drug-interaction within dosage limits
Horopito: a novel therapy for Candida Overgrowth
Organiser: Integria Healthcare and Kolorex
Presenter: Rommy Castaneda BHScNutMed, BHscNat, Research Associate, Evidence Sciences
Duration: 45 minutes
Horopito (Pseudowintera colorata) is emerging as a novel therapy to treat candida. It is a fascinating ancient herb which has a long tradition in treating a wide range of health conditions. From a research perspective, Horopito has interesting therapeutic activities as it has been shown to reduce the growth of candida species and has more of an enduring effect of preventing relapses of thrush and infection.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Practical clinical insights from leading clinicians specialising in various and dynamic aspects of mental health care, which can be immediately integrated into your clinical practice
- An introduction to Horopito with research and case studies
- Increased understanding of the prevalence of Vaginal Candidiasis
- What is Candida albicans and how does it cause infection
- What are the factors that can lead to infection and the symptoms
- An overview of the vaginal microbiome and vaginal thrush
- Why Horopito is the new way to treat candida
Genetics, the Missing Puzzle Piece for Oestrogen-Related Disorders
Type of Event : Webinars
Date : Session 1 9/nov/22 and Session 2 16/nov/22
End Date: Session 1 9/nov/22 and Session 2 16/nov/22
Time : 7:30-8:45 both sessions
Duration : 1.25hours
Cost : $29 for both sessions
Presenter(s) : Dr. Denise Furness
Organiser : BioCeuticals
Short intro: Abnormal oestrogen metabolism has been linked with many symptoms & conditions including endometriosis, fibroids, heavy menstrual bleeding, PCOS & skin related problems such as acne & rashes. Over two Clinical Mastery sessions, geneticist & clinical nutritionist, Dr Denise Furness will translate new research & outline the profound health impacts of methylation & the key genes that code for enzymes required to support oestrogen metabolism including COMT, MTHFR, GSTP1 & NQO1.
Session 2 (Clinical Solutions) will explore the application of SNP-guided optimisation for endometriosis and PCOS.
Key Learning outcomes:
- Understand key enzymes involved in hormone metabolism
- Impacts of methylation on hormonal balance
- Explore key nutrients and compounds to support oestrogen metabolising pathways
- Identify key SNPs that impact endometriosis and PCOS
- Discuss nutritional, dietary and lifestyle strategies to manage oestrogen imbalance.