🌿 Prepare for Herbal Medicine Week 2024
Herbal Medicine Week 2024 starts on Sunday October 27. Here are some event ideas just to get you thinking. Your event can be as big or small as you like. Remember – be creative, have fun, and celebrate herbal medicine!
🌿 Local NHAA Chapter Events
- Not in Sydney? Check in with your local NHAA chapter to see what they have in store for Herbal Medicine Week!
🌿 Visit your Herbalist
- Visit a local herbalist to learn how herbal medicine can help you.
- Herbalists across Australia will be hosting open-day events.
🌿 Our Special Gift To You This Herbal Medicine Week
- During Herbal Medicine week, NHAA members will receive a special gift. Stay tuned for your 2024 gift.
🌿Host your own Herbal Medicine Week event
- Herbal Medicine Week is the time to share your skills and knowledge!
- We encourage and support our members to hold a talk, a walk, a workshop, herb tasting, tea party or another botanical event with their local communities. You can check out our Herbal Medicine Week resources for ideas, by clicking the button below, including social media materials and a field guide for hosting weed walks and a set of monographs of commonly found medicinal plants.
- Don’t forget to share your Herbal Medicine Week event with us and we will happily promote it on our social media platforms and website
🌿 Host a ‘weed walk’
- Teach about local weeds!
- Download our How to Host A Weed Walk to take your community on a weedy adventure.
🌿 Share the Herb love digitally
- Organise an online event to celebrate herbal medicine (webinar, talks etc…) and let us know about it.
- Use the #HerbalMedicineWeek and tag the NHAA on your social posts.
🌿 Host an open day
- Or even an open afternoon….. invite the public to come, put up posters and flyers in local shops or do a letterbox drop.
- People love FREE stuff so offer a lucky door prize or raffle, have some herbal teas (iced herbal teas are also good!), maybe some herb seeds/seedlings, whatever you think might be appealing to your community.
🌿 Host a community drop-in clinic
- This is a great way to get clients in the door. You can set any limits you like – time, number etc.
- Many people will jump at the chance of a no-obligation, free consultation and even if they don’t book, they may buy some products and give you good word of mouth.
🌿 Talk to your community centre or clubs
- Some local community centres offer free space if you are not charging – worth asking!
- Do a one-off talk or even run a short course: Preventive health, Herbal Teas for health, Grow your own herbs or something that will resonate in your community.
- You may be able to partake in a program that is already running.
- Donate a prize (maybe a treatment voucher) to a local club raffle
🌿 Have a stall at a local farmers market
- This is an opportunity for organisations with offerings for the community to connect with the locals. Get in touch with the management of your local farmers markets to enquire if you to book a community stall.
- You may want to collaborate with other practitioners in your local area, to share the experience of the day, make it fun, and also to collaborate to showcase yourselves as local Herbalists/ offering services in the area.
🌿 Have a cuppa
- Herbal Tea blending classes are a great way to teach people about herbal medicine.
🌿 Other great ideas
- Join together with your local health food shop, chemist or fresh food market to plan an event.
- Get your local schools involved – advertise in the newsletter, get the students to plant a herb garden.
- Visit your local aged care facility. Engage the residents – many of them will have memories of how their mothers used herbs as medicine or around the home.
- Make and donate samples of your home-made creams, ointments & teas.
- Join forces with a local cafe or restaurant to teach people about Food as Medicine!
- Organise a picnic.
🌿 Resources for you to use
📅 Events Calendar
Check back closer to October 2024 for a list of Herbal Medicine Week events